Constant genetic improvement!
Maternal lineage: Selective breeding for profitability (PICTraq).
- PIC pays great attention to the genetic improvement of maternal lineages as a basis for the development of productivity of their herds. Growth of populations for more intensive selection, use of genomic technologies for more accurate selection, new reproductive technologies, gene editing and genetic management – all designed to move genetic potential to commercial herds, improve performance, such as: all born piglets, quality of piglets, milk yield and number of weaned, etc. This is then passed on to commercial pigs, improving their quality (strength, feed conversion, growth rate and carcass quality).
- PISTraq plays an important role in this chain of improvement. Pictrak is a database. Its purpose is to store animal numbers, their phenotypic data (production indicators, meat quality, etc.) and convert them into indices for each individual animal in this database. We can allow animals to be compared to their peers not only on the basis of our own information, but also data on the animals with which it is related. Genetic potential, which is determined by the selection index, is the power of the animal world, able to ensure production!
Camboro® has the lowest cost of weaning compared to other genetics suppliers.
Less feed cost
The use of Camboro® reduces feed delays on weaned breeds after recovery to sows of competitors, which indicates its high efficiency. On average, it eats 100 kg less feed than the sows of competitors.
Camboro® creates added value throughout the pork production chain, including:
- Lowest cost per weaned piglet
- Contribution to high productivity of offspring
- Possibility of use in various conditions
Visit the stand of PIC at Agro Animal Show 2021 from the 16th till the 18th of February in the International Exhibition Centre!